The NZCLTA is a Subject Association which has at its heart to support the function and needs and represent the interests of all Teachers of Chinese in NZ.
Why join the NZCLTA?
- Subject interest
- Curriculum Support
- Assessments Support
- PD Opportunities
- Regular Curriculum and Assessments Updates
- Access to and Sharing of resources
NZCLTA is affiliated to the NZALT
- NZALT-New Zealand Association of Languages Teachers- is an umbrella organisation
- Has over 600 members from primary, secondary and tertiary
- Has multifaceted roles
- Organises biennial conferences
- Read more at: www.nzalt.org.nz
What does the NZCLTA do?
- Communicates with members via the on-line group lists, www.nzclta.org, newsletters, etc
- Liaises with other organisations (NZALT, ILEP, Confucius Institute, PPTA, …)
- Advertises PD opportunities
- Participates/supports the running of conferences/PD opportunities
- Facilitate the sharing of resources and scholarships
- Provides expertise and experience
- Advocacy role with MoE, NZQA, CIE, IB, etc.
NZCLTA in 2014
- committed to the setting up and maintenance of www.nzclta.org and furthered its developments
- invested in growing its membership base
- nurtured its partnerships (Chinese Embassy, NZALT, ILEP, Confucius Institute …) and relationship with the Chinese National Advisor
- actively prepared for the 2014 Launching ceremony
- participated in NZALT Conference in Palmerston North 2014
NZCLTA is committed to
- Continue its role of advocacy and support to all teachers of Chinese in New Zealand, should they be at primary, intermediate or secondary levels
- Maintain and develop further good effective communication to members via its listserv
- Maintain and develop further professional relationships with the Chinese Embassy.
- Maintain and develop further professional relationships with the Chinese National Adviser
- Maintain and develop further professional relationships with Confucius Institute
- Maintain and develop further the provision of resources and information relevant to the teaching of Chinese via its website
- Allow networking opportunities on a range of topics (Curriculum, Assessments, Exchanges, PD etc)
- Keep its members informed of any development affecting their work as teachers of Chinese
- Continue to raise its profile as a Subject Association!
Some of the NZCLTA Challenges…
- Growing membership by reaching teachers from all sectors
- Finding financial support
- Setting goals within the financial constraints
- Developing ways to promote the subject further in schools
- Improve /maintain website
- Finding volunteer time and plan for the next Exec
- Make/source resources for teachers use
- Strengthen its regional branches
- Support teachers effectively with curriculum teaching and learning by helping access to PD