The Chinese and New Zealand Ministries of Education are offering up to 12 scholarships to New Zealand teachers of Chinese to attend a 3 – week intensive language and culture programme in China in September - October 2014.
Application forms are available from Dmitry Mitenkov, Intercultural Programmes Co-ordinator (email@example.com).
Applications close on Monday, 28 July 2014 at 10 a.m.
The programme is targeted towards teachers at the Sustainability Stage of the International Languages Exchanges and Pathways (ILEP) PLD pathway for New Zealand language teachers.
- Fully registered teachers, with a minimum proficiency of Chinese at HSK 3.
- Teachers who can demonstrate a strong interest and commitment to the teaching and learning of Chinese, particularly in years 7-10
- Lessons in Chinese language and culture, with a focus on developing intercultural communicative competence
- Participation in immersion tasks designed to encourage interaction in everyday situations
- Task based lesson development for use in New Zealand classrooms
- Pre-departure orientation held in NZ
Click here for more information.